Monday, July 10, 2006

Moving On


The past month was both physically and emotionally exhausting to me. Physically, I had to go home to the Philippines for a minor surgery on my toe. Emotionally, I was depressed because of the brutal death of Mayor Jojo Albano (see previous blog). My toe has healed, but the emotional pain of losing a cherished friend and relative lingers on. I had sleepless nights pondering the happy moments I have spent with him and remembering his kindness and affection. I cope up with it by offering my daily masses for his eternal repose. I also pray that the mastermind and the assassins will be guilt ridden and surrender soon. My only regret is that I am not in the Philippines to personally sympathize with the bereaved family.

I am confident that God's justice will soon prevail. On my part, it is now time for me to move on. It is now time to go on with life and deal with its intricacies.

I hope that the bereaved family will find peace and hope in the Lord.

G.C. UANAN
10 July 2006

No comments: